Friday, November 27, 2009

New tactics

I actually am writing some new stuff these days - remember I said that I had to work on Homecoming? It's slow going though.  

Anyway, I finally took note of the fact that some  of my own favorite authors are reposting their existing works on SOL, and I decided, What the hey! I might as well check out the possibilities for expanding my readership there.  

I have to tell you, the results were pretty overwhelming.

I reposted the Breakdown in its entirety, over the course of five days, and the volume of  feedback I've gotten from SOL readers has eclipsed the total feedback I've ever received on my stories on any other site!  That's pretty amazing.  I think the experimental results are pretty definitive.

Anyway, since Homecoming? isn't yet finished, I can't post it in its entirety.  Inasmuch as I've already promised readers on other sites that I'll work on it, I'll continue to post it, chapter-wise, until it's finished.  Then I'll start to work on Shroedinger's Cat again.

In the meantime, if you graze through multiple stories sites looking for entertainment, don't be surprised if you see more of my stories popping up on SOL.  I have a few short ones that might be appreciated there.  

All that is not to say that there weren't a few SOL readers who were unhappy with the ending, because some things were left hanging at the end of Breakdown.   My response is:  I clearly created it a series story.  What is it about series or serial stories you don't understand?  By definition, these stories have to leave something hanging in order to provide continuity.  They are not just companion stories in the same universe; rather they are episodes of the same saga.

Enough lecturing for now.  Instead let me issue my thanks to all of the readers who have responded with feedback.  I hope you continue to enjoy my works - and I hope the occasional spelling or grammatical errors don't spoil the stories for you.

Happy Thanksgiving.

QM

No comments: